Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Conundrum

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
T i m wrote:

Whilst I understand on a few hundred otherwise healthy youngsters
have died from Covid19, there is a very good chance many have carried
and passed it onto their parents or grandparents who have died.

Looking at the demographics (which only seem to be available for
England, not the UK as whole, or for the other nations individually)

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-cases_by_specimen_date_age_demographics

It seems the people most likely to test positive at the moment are 10-14
year olds, so highly likely related to the return to school, though
possibly also the less accurate results from LFD compared to PCR tests.

You can also see the Oct/Nov surge started in 15-24 year olds, so likely
related to return to university.

Those above retirement age, or below school age are now the least likely
within society to catch covid, though it may well still be more serious
for them if they do.

Yes. We need to 'control' the virus itself before we can return to
normality. In practice by immunising everyone, and re-doing that for any
new strain not covered by the present vaccines. Much cheaper to do than
having a lock down every once in a while. It's not rocket science. Plenty
take medication every day for other things. To vaccinate the entire
country once a year isn't going to be impossible.

--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.