Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Cast iron kettle bell

alan_m wrote:
On 05/04/2021 16:25, Richard wrote:
On 05/04/2021 16:13, GB wrote:
The typical price for a 20 kgs cast iron kettle bell is £50-70.
What's involved in making one?

Iron only seems to fetch about 10p per kg at the scrappy.

GIYF

How about this:
https://www.instructables.com/DIY-Ke...-for-under-10/

I'm not sure that I would trust his method for attaching the handle - I
can see it pulling out of the Postcrete when the bell is in full flight.

The bottom of the Instructables page, right hand tile, shows
a handle modification, with rope and security pins. I don't
think much of the rope, but the security pins would
probably help. And the position of the security pins
is good, as the stress will be distributed better
by the handle, further up near the top.

You still have to decide what to make the security pins
out of, for corrosion resistance.

Paul