Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default jointers

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

For comparable coverage, including expected co-pays, total maximum out-
of-pocket costs, in-network vs. out-of-network coverage, etc?

That's what we're working on now. e.g. we plan to travel more, increasing
the risk that I'll need medical care while away from home. We need to look
at which plans have decent out-of-network coverage so we don't get
hammered if I fall into the Grand Canyon or contract malaria in Africa.

With my luck, I'll get injured/sick just enough not to require
hospitalization. ;-)

On the other hand, if I can avoid paying for substance abuse care and
suicide
intervention, that would be nice.

A plan with a national network is handy if you do a lot of domestic travel.
That doesn't mean you have to go with someone like United Health Care as
some regional plans have national network options (they have contracts with
big players) and some actually have direct contracted providers in other
states. For example, a NYC regional plan had a sizable network in FL as they
had a lot of snow birds as members.

If you're going to Africa buying a plan through Global Rescue might make
sense. ;~)