Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default jointers

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 22:45:43 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

As long as inflation stays moderate we will probably be OK. With all the
deductions for insurance, savings, retirement plan, and commuting costs
going away I'm ahead for now. I'll have to reassess every year... I
haven't
figured out how to predict the future so I cannot do it now!

Well, insurance is still there. That can be expensive. My drugs,
alone, are a fortune. List is around $1K/mo. They're relatively cheap
now because of rebate cards but that all goes away with Medicare. The
drug plans (Part-D) aren't all that great. I still have a lot to
figure out about Medicare. It's almost like it was designed by
politicians.

The insurance situation certainly varies across people. For someone who is
healthy and doesn't take maintenance meds a free basic Managed Medicare plan
that includes pharmacy can suffice for a long time. Later on if the health
situation changes the plan can be changed during open enrollment. For
someone with chronic health problems who takes multiple maintenance drugs it
can get real expensive for sure.

Have you looked into the Managed Medicare plans? Some give you the
opportunity to have premiums rebated through various programs.