Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Gorilla Glue failure

On 03/04/2021 10:34, pinnerite wrote:
Despite my initial cleaning attempts, first with petrol and next with hand gel, I am still not confident that the edges are clean. I need another solvent to get rid of what I suspect was poorly cured adhesive.

Petrol: A mix of chemicals of various volatility. Some evaporate at
once, others take longer. It may even have traces of oils.

Hand gel: A mixture of water, various alcohols, and a gelling agent.

Both of those _will_ leave contamination on the surface. I suspect you'd
do better with meths. Or vodka.

Andy