Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT: Popping Balloons Tip

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 23:16:34 -0400, Michael Trew
wrote:

On 4/4/2021 9:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 3:29:09 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
I had a bunch of balloons to get rid of and didn't want to listen to
constant loud pops as each one got popped. I found that if I took a sharp
knife and cut the balloon just a bit near the tie, the balloon would
deflate and not pop.

Obligatory WW content: I was sitting on a wooden deck when I was doing
this.

I deflate both party balloons and those air filled packing "balloons" with
scissors. A cut right by the tie or in the corner of the packing material
works great, similar to your knife technique.

Perhaps it's just me, but I think the popping part is the fun part... hehe

I used to work with a guy that was insanely weird about balloons. I
worked at a call center, training new employees. I guess the guy was
autistic. He freaked out when we popped the balloons after a new class
graduated weekly. He told us that every time a balloon popped, someone
he knew died or was injured. He proceeded to take every balloon home,
week after week, there-after. He told us that he had a room in his
house dedicated to let balloons gently die, undisturbed.

PTSD?