Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Lightning strike.

On 05/04/2021 16:24, ARW wrote:
On 05/04/2021 16:20, Richard wrote:
On another group, I heard about a lightning strike to a house, via
the TV
aerial. Aerial went to a DA. Seemed it burnt out all the house
wiring and
every appliance in it. Requiring the owners to move out for months
while
it was all sorted. Seems it also travelled to other houses in the
street
too via the mains and caused much damage there too. Was rather
surprised
to read this. I've seen a TV destroyed - but not so much extra damage.

When did this happen?

Or where?

I had a direct strike on a phone line that blew sockets out of the wall,
required a full rewire or insurance wouldn't pay, took outÂ* modem,
serial parallel card, printer, TV, and record deck. And burnt a few
holes in a carpet.

Cooker was OK tho

Fascinating.