Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Hydraulic bicycle brakes

On 5 Apr 2021 at 10:26:14 BST, "soup" wrote:

On 05/04/2021 09:43, Biggles wrote:
soup Wrote in message:r
Sorry guys I am not really expecting an answer . It's just that I asked in
Uk.rec.cycling but it immediately degenerated into a trollfest.I don't want
to go the whole drill out the lever body, tap the hole insert a helicoil
reinsert bleed screw route. I think I would rather just pay the £30 for a
new lever set-upRecently bled/burped my (Tektro)brakes but the wee screw
that goes intothe lever feels like it has stripped. The front lever bleed
screwtightens fully but the bleed screw for the rear just spins . Do I
have no option but to buy a new lever for the rear brakes or doessomeone
have a way of rescuing the situation ?C (or rather the wee hole it fits
into).https://i.postimg.cc/9QxKZXrq/Screenshot-134.png

Agree URC is trollfest, sad bunch. You might try
uk.rec.cycling.moderated but not much activity there
recently.

Indeed last post there was 14th February.
Moderators still active?

Why not try posting there, it would give them something to talk about, and
there is a lot of expertise among the small coterie of contributors?

--
Roger Hayter