Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leen...@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Building cupboards and shelves

Thanks very much all. Unfortunately in the Google groups UI I can't reply to individual threads so thought I would consolidate my reply to all the points made together - hope this is readable.

1. Regarding kitchen cupboards being too high. I believe the standard carcass is 720mm so was thinking of putting it on say a 2" x 2" on the floor to give a small "plinth"

2. Thanks re comments on painting on melamine. We have done this successfully once before but it didn't get much wear so might not be a good reflection.