Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Why Put gravel under concrete?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 4 Apr 2021 22:16:55 +0000 (UTC), danny
burstein wrote:

In pdirect.com Rockhead writes:

What does WWM stand for?

Appreciably,
Alan

Don't know if you'll see my answer given that your
post came from outside Usenet, but WWM

I was surprised to see that the times I checked, my post was at the
Homemoaners web site.

What I find very currious is why we always come in in the middle of
their threads. What determines if Usenet gets a copy or not? The
individual poster there. Rules of Homemoaners? The length? Use of
unusual words? I can only guess.

stands for:

"Welded Wire Mesh".

Think of a roll of chicken wire fencing.

Is WWM more simlar to hardware cloth, I think it's called? Thicker
than chicken wire, square pattern rather than hexagonal, fused at
corners rather than woven. Used by a lot of people in Chicago to cover
their back door windows so someone breaks the glass can't put his hand
in (at least 50 years ago it was!)

https://www.amazon.com/Nueve-Deer-Ha...ef=sr_1_2_sspa

Different gauges and strengths, but that's
the general idea.