Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building cupboards and shelves

Would he not put a worktop over that though?
I guess it depends on what the look he was going for was. I'm sure I've
seen cupboard units that are shorter out there as flatpacks, but as you say
if its going to be painted, the surfaces might not take the paint well.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
On Sunday, 4 April 2021 at 13:51:03 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking to fit out our study and have a design that has some
cupboards/ chest of drawers at the bottom with shelving above - a bit like
this
https://www.nevillejohnson.co.uk/luxury-blue-lounge/

I am planning on making the shelving bits myself but am toying between
buying kitchen cupboard type units for the cupboards/ drawers and making
them myself out of the same material I use for the shelves. It will all be
painted so I guess it is a balance between aggravation, time and cost.

Would appreciate any thoughts you have on the matter

Also, what would be the best material to make it out of and what
thickness?

Thanks

Lee.

Kitchen cupboards will be too high to sit at to work unless you have an
office chair that will rise to the appropriate height. Melamine which forms
the outer surface of most kitchen cupboards is not good to paint on, easily
rubs off.

Richard