Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Magnet for miniblind on steel door

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 03 Apr 2021 17:06:31 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 13:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

I am installing a full view steel door soon, waiting for warmer temp.
I bought full view aluminum mini blinds but do not want to drill into the steel door.
I eyeballed some magnets on Amz but looking for advice.
Should I just drill or are magnets an option?

There's magnets, then there's M A G N E T S :

https://tinyurl.com/dv3fpbe

John T.

One time I dropped my keys down the drain at the Union railway station
in Baltimore. I had another set with me but I came back with a big
magnet, from a large, worn-out speaker, I think. The drain went
straight down about 15 or 20 feet to the ground below (but the keys had
not come out the bottom). I also brought enough rope to reach, and I
did pull out a 3 foot piece of rebar, attached to the magnet, but not
the keys.