Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how much weight will two layers of 3/4" plywood hold?

On 4/3/2021 6:50 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:45:08 PM UTC-4, Murel wrote:
I have two groups of 3, 2x8's and one group of 5, 2x8's. I am running the groups of 3 for the sides and the group of 5 down the middle. Each group is 7' long and am planning on 4' wide. Do I need two layers or will one layer work? The ramp/table will need to hold 1300lbs. when I ride upon it. After I get off bike it will have approx. 1000lbs on it.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...d-3108818-.htm

So one area has 3.5 ft between joists, the other 1.7 ft. I'm sure you can look up
some tables that show deflection versus spacing. My guesstimate is that one
layer is plenty for the shorter span and that you need more joists on the other span.

This can help if you enter the proper values.

https://woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator/