Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Magnet for miniblind on steel door

On Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 5:05:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 16:50:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 4/3/2021 4:43 PM, Thomas wrote:
I am installing a full view steel door soon, waiting for warmer temp.
I bought full view aluminum mini blinds but do not want to drill into the steel door. I eyeballed some magnets on Amz but looking for advice.
Should I just drill or are magnets an option?

Magnets would be a good option but if the blind is aluminum can you
attach it to the magnet?

Rare earth magnets are quite strong so should work. If you need more
options check Lee Valley. Look at the cup and washer for attachment

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/sear...erOfResults=24

I just looked at the site. In the first page the had hangers for steel doors.

I have to look at this site more. This is good reading.

--
Tekkie

They are alum blinds but the header is plastic. I figure tape or screw into plastic. I can add glue if it is a good idea.