Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Magnet for miniblind on steel door

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 13:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Thomas posted for all of us to
digest...

I am installing a full view steel door soon, waiting for warmer temp.
I bought full view aluminum mini blinds but do not want to drill into the steel door. I eyeballed some magnets on Amz but looking for advice.
Should I just drill or are magnets an option?

Magnets will not work on aluminum. Are you relating the blinds themselves or
the hangers are aluminum? If the hangers are steel I would still not use
magnets because the blinds will inevitably slide down the door. Perhaps epoxy
may work. Depending on weight those 3M Command hangers may work. Other ideas
will pop up. Let us know how you make out so we can all learn.

--
Tekkie