Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Quality of Vonhaus tools?

"Theo" wrote in message
Mike Halmarack wrote:
I'd ideally go for Makita but that be a younger man's investment
strategy.

VonHaus aka DOMU Brands is a made-for-Amazon brand, presumably all made by
contract ODMs in China. I very much doubt they do more than branding and
marketing.

I have no experience of their tools[1] but I wouldn't treat them as much
more
than disposable, roughly on or slightly below the level of Aldi, Lidl,
etc.
Don't expect to be able to buy spares or get support beyond simple
replacement.

We have been impressed with the build quality of our two-wheel wheelbarrow,
although I had to use my common sense because the instructions told me to
fit a couple of bolts upside down: I forget why that was less good than the
way I did it.

But that's for something simple: not electric or petrol-engined.

Their website https://www.vonhaus.com/about-us refers to "our Manchester
head office" but I bet all the support and after-sales is contracted-out to
people whose first language is not English - and not German as the brand
name might suggest.