Don Klipstein

Default dimmer for track halogen lighting isn't working

In article , glen wrote:
Yeah you were right. I went back and got a dimmer for Incandescent and
Halogen. I didn't even notice the $10 dimmer I had bought was only for
incandescents. The new $30 dimmer is marked "halogen" so I it worked.
Yeah I bought the cheapest dimmer, cuz I thought the other ones were
just more features, like night lights and stuff, so I just bought the
least expensive one.

It worked immediately once I installed the new dimmer.

Halogens are a kind of incandescent and are compatible with incandescent
dimmers.

I suspect the old dimmer died from cheap quality, having its limits
being pushed by the wattage of the load, or from a power surge.

- Don Klipstein )