Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default DIY flat extension cord?

On 3/30/2021 11:53 AM, Ralph Phillips wrote:
On 3/30/2021 10:21 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Just had to power something pretty far away from the outlet and had to
use a standard extension cord.Â* Since this goes across the floor, I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to make this anti-trip?Â* My foot
has caught it a couple of times, so not very good if I keep it the way
it is.Â* I see flat extension cords online, but price is too high.Â*
Maybe
I could make one?Â* Thanks in advance.

Have you seen the floor protectors ?Â* Rubber pieces that are a few
inches wide that the cord goes under ?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Legrand-...-ft-1-Channel-
Over-Floor-Cord-Protector-Black-CDBK-5/205485211

There are many variations of this.

To which I'd add the cheap version, Gaffer Tape.

(In a dire pinch, duck tape or even duct tape can be used ... )

RwP

This my be a repeat but, I don't see my OP.

Here is a flat Extension cord, it is 0.9mm high, but the info states
0.003" high.

https://tinyurl.com/48e53w6t

The add states, thinnest extension cord in the world, 0.003-Inch _Flat
Code_ 9.84-Feet Black.

As a joke I ask a question, does Flat Code, mean multiply by 10? I got
serious answers.