Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Conundrum

T i m wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Whoever decided on the change from 3 weeks between doses to 3 months has
turned out to be ABSOLUTELY right ...

I think what most consider amazing is how they came up with the jabs
for what most considered 'a new bad thing' but was in fact (to those
in the know) just another variant of a group of 'known bad things',
corona viruses that we already have vaccines against?

I think China did actually give out samples of the virus to labs pretty
early, so the parts of the vaccines that "match" the virus could be
worked on. I don't know how much of the AZ vaccine was sitting on a
shelf waiting for its time to come?

I'm not taking that away from them etc and I believe they actually had
the vaccines *very shortly* after it first emerged, it's just taken
the time it has to get tested / approved / mass produced etc?

I can see how some people might be "hesitant" because they think it's
rushed, but by doing stuff in parallel when they know that they'll be
paid by NHS/GOV (isn't it effectively on a cost-plus contract?) they
have shown they can move when they need to, shame that overseas they're
not really getting much thanks for that.