Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Are my business assumptions correct?

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Are my business assumptions correct?

I'm trying to get rid of some engine trouble codes,
and I need to install 2 or 4 oxygen sensors.

Its very unlikely that more than one has failed.

It's very unlikely any of them have failed. I cannot even count the number
of times I have seen cars blowing black smoke out the tailpipe which have
just got new oxygen sensors because the computer was throwing a code saying
the sensor was out of range in the rich direction.

The morons don't bother to figure out why it threw the code, they just swap
out parts at random. They love swapping parts out.
--scott

Yep, I love the ones who bring in a vehicle and say "Here I want XX
changed, I know they are the problem" Instead of actually doing a diag
and finding the real issue.
They always seem to complain though when it doesn't repair the problem...

--
Steve W.