Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Minor Mystery

On 04/02/2021 02:39 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
rbowman sent a link which I looked at and that had Hantek. I need more
information before I buy. Otherwise I just order the high price spread and
never use it...

First and most important question -- what do you want to do with it?
I've always worked mostly with digital circuitry so I bias that way.

I hate buying any China stuff - just as a personal philosophy but it seems
unavoidable.

I grew up not buying Japanese stuff since my brother spent his late
teens in the South Pacific. By the '80s bicycles, R/C models, and even
upscale fishing poles were cornered by the Japs.

By the '90s my brother visited in his RV towing the yacht tender. One of
the first things he said was 'I thought I would never buy a Japanese
car...' to explain the Toyota Tercel he was towing.

That's how it is with China. Back in the '80s I favored SunTour bike
components. They were a Japanese competitor to Shimano but lost the
market. I just took a ride tonight and the bike has SR SunTour
components -- same name but they're made in China not Osaka.

The West ****ed it all away. I don't know which models are involved but
there is a joke in the Triumph motorcycle circles about the new Thairumphs.