Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Small electric boiler?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 17:46:53 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 02/04/2021 17:27, Theo wrote:
T i m wrote:

I've never checked but do they dry the plates by running the heater
element in air or by spraying everything with very hot water then
leaving that to evaporate off?

I think they spray hot water around. This is why crockery (which has a
high
thermal mass) dries better than plastic (which doesn't).

Left to itself, the water couldn't evaporate off the plates, as the
whole of the inside is hot and steamy. The manufacturers have thought of
that. Dishwashers have a labyrinth of cold water pipes attached to the
outside of the washing compartment. That condenses enough of the steam
so that water can evaporate off the plates.

Clever, it's own little still. ;-)

The wash temperature matters. The hotter washes leave drier plates.

That was one of the two ways I thought it might work, given you do get
a fair cloud of steam out of it if you open the door just after it's
finished.

Clever really (how / that they work) and something we probably take
for granted.

I think the only thing we haven't had much success with over two
machines now is the little soap dispenser door thing when it doesn't
open at all (randomly)?

So I think she just chucks the (typically 'Finish') tab on one of the
racks.

That doesn't work with some dishwashers/cycles
which have a rinse phase before the wash phase.