Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default HP DV5 stop overheating issue?

On 2/4/21 11:28 pm, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 02/04/2021 12:21, Clifford Heath wrote:

Apple sold Macbook Pro's around 2010 made with a new soldering
profile/process that caused the GPU balls to crack. Eventually they
were persuaded (by a class action) to replace any that were returned,
even outside the warranty period - but the replacement logic boards
had the same fault and failed again within a year. Ask me how I know

There have been lots of similar cases with other manufacturers. It's not
only Apple users that have been affected.

After over a decade of using Apple hardware, I am now determined that
my next computer will *not* be an Apple.

Why? Apple IT is bought and paid for

Many reasons, all pointing to an increasing disrespect for their users.

Important core software (like Preview, Finder, etc) has fundamental bugs
over a decade old, while every release adds new things that mostly
aren't actually useful to anyone (remember why everyone hates
Microsoft?). But mostly, because they ditched 32-bit Intel mode, and I
have software I must use and cannot upgrade to a 64-bit version.

CH