Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Minor Mystery

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 10:37:49 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

For a real low cost solution you can use the computer's audio card and
free softwa

https://listoffreeware.com/best-free...tware-windows/

20 years ago or so Radio Shack had an o-scope probe to use with a
computer. The frequency range was limited by the processing power of the
day but it was handy for some things.

For around $ 200 to $ 300 Hantek makes some very good scopes. I have
one of them I bought several years ago. It is a 200 MHz version. I was
told at the time by several that the Hantek was the better one, but the
Rigol is also very good for the money.

I don't know if it is just hype, but some sources say to get one that is
sold in the US instead of ordering from China. Suppose to be a better
quality for the same model.

http://www.hantek.com/

Doubtfull as the US seller just buys them from the same place you buy
it from in China. The only "advantage" is possibly faster (but more
expensive) shipping and giving an American a bonus for (maybe) having
it in stock stateside. Here in Canada I can often get the stuff faster
from China directly instead of detouring it through the USA.

Rigol is another China brand that has a good reputation for the same
price range.

https://www.rigolna.com/products/dig...loscopes/1000/