al

Default Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Out here, I can get a really good meal for a fiver. INFINITELY better
food than I have EVER had in london for less than about 40 quid.

A matter of opinion. I beg to differ for my tastes. We're obviously both
in the right respective places if we so much like the grub around us!

Try johamnesburg. Great climate, great food, cheap houses. Swinmming
pools and servants thrown in.

Only problem ius you need to live behind 20ft high razor wire topped
walls, and carry a bodyguard with you wherever you go.

Yes, damn shame. I once lived in Jakarta before it all went to the wall.
Same life there but without the razor wire & bodyguard. Now even those
won't keep you safe.

In the country all the things I like are on my doorstep.

Can you wander out of your front door bollock naked and **** on the
flowerbeds without getting arrested? Can you actually see the Milky Way?
Can you have freshly killed rabbits pheasants and deer delivered to you
straight of the back of a quad bike, and take the dog for a 4 mile walk
without ever going on a public road or needing a lead?

You **** on your flowerbeds!? Ewwww ...

I'm looking at the Milky Way after Googling it ... I could eat one too ;p

I have a big park behind our house with A LOT of wildlife. But no, I can't
go around killing them. Don't have a dog.

Can you lie in bed on the weekends and not hear a single car?

Yeah, most of the time - pretty quiet street I'm on.

Can you walk out the back door and pick ALL the fresh herbs you need?

Yes, when I can be arsed planting enough of them

Can you spend a while day without seeing a single other human being? God
what a relief THAT is !

Ummm ...

Leave you cars permanently unlocked and even your house?

Have you seen A Clockwork Orange. Just because it's probably going to be ok
doesn't mean you should invite the risk! And yes, I've forgotten to lock my
car probably about 5 times in the last year and thankfully still found it
there the next morning. We really don't get handle-pullers around these
parts ...

...and still get to a museum, rock concert, prom concert or art gallery
in under 1 1/2 hours IF YOU REALLY want to.

Well, they're not everyday things, so I'll let you have that one. 45 mins
or 1.5 hours ain't much of a deal!

And actually have time to get to know your neighbours? - or not, if you
prefer.

I know my neighbours very well and get on with them very well. I also have
good privacy in my garden so they're not on top of me all the time.

You live in the suburbs, not London then.

Yes, but on the tube counts as London, if not central. I'm just saying you
don't have to live in the middle of nowhere to find a good place to settle.