Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gorilla Glue failure

On 02/04/2021 17:32, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 17:10:53 +0100, pinnerite
wrote:

snip

So before another attempt, I thought I had better garner the benefit of experience.

Unreasonable expectations of what a glue can actually do.

I doubt if there is any glue that could make a joint that will survive
the load that this will be exposed to short slab casting epoxy onto it.
Reinforced carbon fibre composite might just be able to hack it.

I think it might have been suggested the first time that the chances
are, something like that would need something in the way or
reinforcing, given that it broke before being further weakened (by
breaking)?

So, is there any way you could brace the joint, even if only on one
side with something suitable (steel strip / sheet / rod etc)?

Steel and aluminium do not make good friends leading to corrosion. The
repair is best done in aluminium but will cost more than it is worth.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown