Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default a bit OT: Will a 78 rpm record damage a normal stylus?

On 02/04/2021 10:34 am, Tim+ wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 01/04/2021 23:24, JNugent wrote:
On 01/04/2021 06:47 pm, Tim+ wrote:

Weirdly I found an old 78rpm record of Harry Gordon stuffed under a hedge
this morning whilst out for a run.

snip

But... are you sure you can't find the track on Spotify or Amazon Music?
There are fifty three of his tracks available on Spotify and one on an
ordinary Amazon Prime sub (with the promise of more for an Unlimited
account).

Also archive.org

Of course I probably could. But thats rather missing the magic of €śplaying
a record€ť, especially one found under a hedge. ;-)

Fair enough.

But I stopped restoring audio from my own vinyl for any track I found I
could get online!