Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default EICRs

On 02/04/2021 06:40, ARW wrote:
On 01/04/2021 22:40, Fredxx wrote:
On 01/04/2021 19:57, GB wrote:
On 01/04/2021 19:09, ARW wrote:

FWIW I used to think the "next inspection date" was just a
recommendation.Â* But it sure ain't now for landlords.Â* The regs
make explicit that your EICR would only be valid for 1 year.

Got a reference for that. I assume it's a landlord reg so I have not
seen it.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/...0200312_en.pdf

The relevant bit is:

(2) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (1)(b) €śat regular intervals€ť
means€”
(a) at intervals of no more than 5 years; or
(b) where the most recent report under sub-paragraph (3)(a) requires
such inspection and testing to be at intervals of less than 5 years,
at the intervals specified in that report.

That is interesting and something I wasn't aware of. Forewarned I
might be tempted to ask for the justification of why another
inspection within the 5 years.

Perhaps Adam can provide possible reasons?

https://www.fixedtesting.com/testing-intervals/

any good?

Thanks, those seem default times rather than having any basis of
requirement.

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...2-eicr-re-test

Suggests that a landlord visual inspection to make sure nothing is
broken or defective would constitute a sufficient routine check.

I was under the initial understanding that there might a specific type
of installation that might require a more frequent inspection than 5 years.