Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Squaring a blade in my tablesaw

On 31/03/2021 17:10, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/03/2021 17:03, Reentrant wrote:
On 30/03/2021 16:01, Collie1956 wrote:
How do I square the blade? My blade runs out by 2mm .

It took me a while to visualise it, but if the fence isn't parallel to
the blade you still get a parallel cut - just one with a wider kerf.

Its also potentially very dangerous - since if the fence is closer to
the back of the blade than the front, it will cause the wood to pinch at
the back where the blade is rising from the table. That has the habit of
grabbing the wood and throwing it up and at you! The other way round is
slightly less dangerous, but still best avoided for a number of reasons.

Don't ask me where I got it from but I am certain that I read in a
manual or text book once to set the fence so the blade was just ever so
slightly toe-in. eg the front of the blade closer to the fence than the
rear.

TW