Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alarm clocks

tim... wrote:

ARW wrote:

Set to repeat Monday to Friday.
And I forgot to turn it off for today:-(

The dustmen obviously set their alarms early today, usually they get
here around 10:30, today 08:15.

I though the E. Mids traditionally worked Good Friday

I've lived in/around Leicester since the early 80's, the "Leicester
Fortnight" was still big around that time with all textile factories,
and consequently schools and other large workplaces shutting down the
first half of July. Nowadays schools seem more closely aligned with the
rest of the country but still a little early, shutting the 10th +/- a
day or so.

But I've never heard of Good Friday being a working day around here.

Me? I don't have an alarm as such any more, just set the bedroom lights
to dim up to full brightness from 06:30.