Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default how much weight will two layers of 3/4" plywood hold?

On 04/01/2021 04:33 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5:01:14 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
On 4/1/2021 11:45 AM, Murel wrote:
I have two groups of 3, 2x8's and one group of 5, 2x8's. I am running
the groups of 3 for the sides and the group of 5 down the middle. Each
group is 7' long and am planning on 4' wide. Do I need two layers or
will one layer work? The ramp/table will need to hold 1300lbs. when I
ride upon it. After I get off bike it will have approx. 1000lbs on it.

That's overkill . 4 2x6's , spaced on 1 foot centers , run the ply
wood crosswise , that is the surface grain should be crosswise to the
length of your ramp . One layer will hold that load , use 2 if it makes
you feel better . My last ramp was 3 2x8's tied together with 2x4 cleats
on the underside . Worked swell to load the bagger on my trailer .
--
Snag

Just curious. Did you have any issues with the ramp being slick when
things were wet? I was thinking some sort of expanded metal or wire
mesh would be good.

Anti-slip deck paint might work.