Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small electric boiler?

On 01/04/2021 09:36, T i m wrote:

If you are talking of washing crockery, depending on how much and how
heavy the soiling (baked on stuff that might appreciate being soaked),
I wonder if Jeff could test / vouch for how practical it might be to
wash a plate under the instant hand washer?

Funnily enough I'd been thinking about that myself. I am sure it would
work very well - I never use a bowl for washing up anyway, just a thin
stream of hot water from the kitchen sink tap and a sponge/scourer pad
with some washing-up liquid on it. The extra force of the instant-heater
spray should shift food residue on the plate far more efficiently than
the stream of water I use. In any case, isn't that how dishwashers work
- by spraying hot water onto the soiled crockery, pans, and cutlery?

On a somewhat unrelated, or perhaps related, matter the problem of hard
water was raised earlier. Does anyone know why the heated parts don't
seem to suffer much from furring up, but spray heads and shower heads
do. Is it just that when they are switched off the calcium and magnesium
salts in the water are deposited when the water evaporates?

--

Jeff