Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Farage bails out of politics

On 01/04/2021 10:13, nightjar wrote:
On 30/03/2021 21:20, Fredxx wrote:
As you say transparency is lacking but this publication:
Â*Â*https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3226 "he UK government said
that the deals were commercially sensitive and would not say what it
had paid up front or whether it would get any money back if the
vaccines did not work."

"Has the UK pre-ordered a vaccine or drug before its approval before?
No, this is a first."..

I am surprised at that. Seasonal flu vaccine is different every year and
has to be approved anew every year. The vaccine has to be grown after
the WHO has decided which strains are likely to be a problem next
season. That takes a few months, after which they have to go through the
approval process. Even allowing for the fact that there is a well-proven
fast track approval process for seasonal flu vaccine, that can't leave a
lot of time to place orders for the next flu season.

To be honest I was too. I only learnt this from a couple of Radio
articles some time ago and was surprised that the UK government had
taken the risk. It's as if they wanted to keep things quiet, just in
case they went wrong.

As exampled by the grief the government has got over face masks that
allegedly can't be used, it's all the more surprising the government
chose to spend money on something that could have been an utter waste of
resources.