Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Electrocution

"Brian Gaff (Sofa)" wrote in message
I've always found dc shocks worse than ac ones which do often send you
off, I guess it very much depends on which muscles and in what mode they
operate.

Yes I've heard it said that DC is worse that AC of the same RMS or even peak
voltage, because AC pulses which a) is easier to feel quickly, and b) tends
to allow the muscles to un-spasm briefly. I wonder if there's any truth in
the supposition that opposite cycles may make your muscles clench and
unclench? or do both positive and negative cycles make the muscles clench in
the same direction rather than relaxing?

On 29/03/2021 23:32, soup wrote:
Whilst a shock from 240V CAN kill how often does that actually happen
and how many just get thrown across the room into a foetal position
whimpering and crying until the arm unknots and the tingling feeling
goes away.

I've never had the experience of being "thrown across the room". The worst
was a nasty gash on my hand as I pulled my hand away when I got a shock, and
caught it on a (non-live) bit of metal casing of something.