Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default jointers

wrote in message ...

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 14:23:34 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

I've used my shop as much for home renovation/improvement projects as I
have
for fine woodworking projects. In fact, those home renovation/improvement
projects were often where I discovered I needed bigger and more powerful
tools. The upside of the home renovation/improvement projects make for
better justification for buying tools than do hobby woodworking projects.
;~)

Sure but it's hard to "justify" a $2500 tool for a remodel job. It's
easier to call it a hobby where no justification is needed (or
possible). ;-)

That said, my Festool track saw has seen more use as a home
maintenance tool as it has anything else.

Sounds like your pitch (to your significant other and/or yourself) needs
some work.... Frame it in terms of "I cannot do this job without that tool"
and things go much better. ;~)