Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_110_] Bill[_110_] is offline

Default Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been doing some reading about the proper workbench height. A lot
of sources say that for "general work" the proper height is right at the wrist
level of the user. Adjustments are made from there for specific types of
work.

Start stacking books on a table until you find what feels right--keeping
in mind what you intend to be doing. Worked for me--40" exactly.
Probably a little higher than what might generally "be suggested", but
it works for me. Note: It's probably typically easier to shorten legs
than the reverse.