Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default DIY flat extension cord?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 10:43:04 -0400, Hem Jung wrote:

Just had to power something pretty far away from the outlet and had to
use a standard extension cord. Since this goes across the floor, I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to make this anti-trip? My foot
has caught it a couple of times, so not very good if I keep it the way
it is. I see flat extension cords online, but price is too high. Maybe
I could make one? Thanks in advance.

I sometimes run temporary cabling above human traffic, but never
anything carrying line power - There are permanent wall/cieling
outlets in the lab.

For short periods, I've run flexible power cable on the floor,
fixed into position at right angles to traffic by hazard tape.

For anything permanent, get the proper wiring done.

RL