Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:07:01 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 30/03/2021 12:04, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 11:44:02 +0100, T i m wrote:

In contrast, a mate, his Mrs and their friend all had theirs and all
three suffered ranging reactions from headaches, overall aching to
nausea etc?

It's worth remembering - especially as reporting verges on the
hysterical
at times - the placebo effect is very, very real.

/nocebo/ effect?

I was thinking more along the scientific lines though, *actual*
information re how different people may biologically handle such a
process.

Like, what if the Mrs and I have had Covid19 asymptomatically?

That's certainly a real possibility, but wouldn't explain
why most get a very mild reaction to the vaccination,
most wouldn't have been asymptomatically infected.

If asked by any medical personnel 'have you had covid or the
symptoms' within the last 2 weeks (or whatever) we would have
replied 'no', or 'not at all' (not just the last two weeks) but could
have had covid and therefore already have the antibodies?

We both recently had routine blood tests (mine was due at the
time of the first lockdown and so didn't bother getting it done)
and mine was done prior to my jab (only the one so far) so
would they 'routinely' check for covid antibodies in that

Nope.

(none was mentioned other than 'all normal' etc)?

How many 65-70 years old have carried
Covid19 asymptomatically do we know?

Yes, that has been sampled, its not all that high.
Certainly nothing like the percentage who get
no effect with the vaccination.

Aren't they carry a higher likelihood for the worst symptoms?

Nope by definition because they are asymptomatic.

I think they are currently running tests
that may (better) answer some of this?

Only to see how many have been infected and are asymptomatic.