Posted to uk.d-i-y
HVS[_3_] HVS[_3_] is offline

Default Electrocution

On 30 Mar 2021, NY wrote

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:04:37 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Jethro_uk wrote:

Keith Relf formerly of the Yardbirds was killed in an
electrocution at his home

Dodgy guitar/amp wiring is traditional, isn't it?

https://www.ranker.com/list/musician...-on-stage/jess
ica-

defino

though I don't think jessica knows what electrocuted means

The English language really does need another word to mean
"received a serious *but non-fatal* electric shock". Maybe we
should avoid being King Canutes, and accept that people will use
"electrocuted" for the non-fatal meaning, and devise a new wording
such as "electrocuted to death".

"Electrocuted to death" is in fairly common use -- but it hasnn't
solved the problem, as "electrocution" continues to be used for both
fatal and non-fatal shocks.

It annoys the hell out of my inner pedant, and I'm tempted to go for
a multiple redundancy: something like "The electrocution fatally
killed him to death, and he didn't survive".

--
Cheers, Harvey