Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem618 Markem618 is offline

Default Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:38:51 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/30/2021 2:17 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
knuttle wrote in
:

Any thing can be handled WITH THE PROPER SAFETY PRACTICES. It is when
you neglect those practices that accidents happen.

In the winter when doing a lot of work on my table saw, I turn off all
spark producing devices, as dust like volatile liquids can explode
with an ignition source and the right concentration. With saw dust
the chances of explosion are extremely low. But the chances of one
house blowing up from a gas leak are extremely low.

It's been a long time since I've seen the saw dust explosion thing... IIRC,
it takes a dust to air ratio so thick that you can't breath.

Puckdropper

I don't recall if the warning to ground the DC is to prevent an
explosion from a spark or not.

More likely to prevent one from being shocked from static electricity on
the hose. And that static electricity tends to let dust build up inside
the hose.

The grounding strap in the hoses helps to prevent clogs, keeps things
from sticking to each other.