Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrocution

Or the law of deminishing returns, as you lower the risk you have to get
more ingenious to stop the rest. / Some may say some people just do not
deserve to live considering how many stupid things they do, but on the other
hand loss of life has to be avoided.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/03/2021 23:32, soup wrote:
Many have had a 'belt' from domestic 240Volt wiring through bad luck, bad
judgment or plain stupidity .
Whilst a shock from 240V CAN kill how often does that actually happen
and how many just get thrown across the room into a foetal position
whimpering and crying until the arm unknots and the tingling feeling goes
away.

I doubt anyone has statistics on the latter - and I'd doubt their
reliability if they require people to own up to the whimpering bit

But deaths are few. Used to run at about 15 a year in England where the
/underlying/ cause of death was electric current. And bulk of those were
not in the home (and so include ones where more than 240v involved).

There are of course serious injuries on top of the deaths. But changes to
BS 7671 seem to be made without assessments of costs and benefits. Too
much flavour of "no price is too high..." for my liking.

--
Robin