ameijers

Default OT - Building a ball and chain

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
Ok, had to post this anon so hopefully the groom will never find it.

A buddy of mine is getting married, for his bachlor parties we are
going to tackle him and shackle a ball and chain to his leg. This way
the strippers will have to cut off his pants to get them off.

So, I need to build this thing. I procured a bowling ball, a big eye
bolt, some masonry/metal epoxy, and some JB-Weld. I rigged up a coat
hanger and rubber band that holds the eye bolt in place in one of the
finger holes. And Day by day I have been filling the hole with the
epoxy and trying to mix it around the bolt with another piece of
coathanger.

Uh, have you tried the pro shop at the bowling alley? They have some sort of
stuff they plug old holes with to redrill used balls. Take in the ball, and
the eyebolt with a few nuts and washers small enought to fit in the hole,
and see how much they would charge to flow it full of the stuff they use. I
don't know how strong the stuff is against getting pulled out, but it seems
to hold up against the G-loads of getting dropped repeatedly pretty well.

Failing that, I'd try what the other guy suggested about a compression plug.
Basically a jam nut and washer on bottom end of bolt, some thick rubber
washers, and another jam nut and washer on visible end. Hard part will be
getting a wrench on the visible end, around the shaft of the eye bolt, if it
is below surface of ball. Know anybody with a set of crow-foot wrenches?
You'll want to rough up the inside of the hole so the rubber can get
traction.

aem sends....