Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrocution

I have circuit breakers and the rewiring was done in the 70s, there are now
no more surprises as we found when we all moved in, like live feeds to non
existent wall lights in two core cable plastered over for example.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Owain Lastname" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 30 March 2021 at 13:23:25 UTC+1, NY wrote:
I don't remember RCD devices (plug and socket) being around in the 1980s.
can remember mains spike filters, but not RCD. That shows how little
prominence they had 40 years ago.

I remember having an RCD plug on my electric blanket in 1989 or so.

It was quite a lot later I saw a consumer unit with even a mainswitch RCD.
MK Sentry was launched in the 1980s but if anyone was getting rewired at
that point I think they still went for Wylex fuses.

Owain