Bob

Default OT - Building a ball and chain

(John Cochran) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Bob wrote:
A buddy of mine is getting married, for his bachlor parties we are

Use the epoxy.
Don't try to mix it in place. That's what is causing your problem.
I would suggest taking a little sandpaper and roughing up the
inside of one of the finger holes. Then mixing up a batch of
epoxy *OUTSIDE* the hole. Then pour/scrape/whatever the epoxy
into the hole and then push the eyebolt into the hole. Wipe off
the excess epoxy and let it set.

You have plenty of time after you mix the epoxy in which to get
it into the hole. With 5-minute epoxy, you have about 5 minutes
before it starts to set and with regular epoxy you have about
a hour in which to work.

Would this work just as well with the JB-weld? I did the sandpaper
thing. I aslo have a nut with some wierd daisy wheel washers on it to
try to anchor it in the glue.