Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On 30/03/2021 12:32, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:07:01 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 30/03/2021 12:04, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 11:44:02 +0100, T i m wrote:

In contrast, a mate, his Mrs and their friend all had theirs and all
three suffered ranging reactions from headaches, overall aching to
nausea etc?

It's worth remembering - especially as reporting verges on the hysterical
at times - the placebo effect is very, very real.

/nocebo/ effect?

I was thinking more along the scientific lines though, *actual*
information re how different people may biologically handle such a
process.

Like, what if the Mrs and I have had Covid19 asymptomatically? If
asked by any medical personnel 'have you had covid or the symptoms'
within the last 2 weeks (or whatever) we would have replied 'no', or
'not at all' (not just the last two weeks) but could have had covid
and therefore already have the antibodies?

We both recently had routine blood tests (mine was due at the time of
the first lockdown and so didn't bother getting it done) and mine was
done prior to my jab (only the one so far) so would they 'routinely'
check for covid antibodies in that (none was mentioned other than 'all
normal' etc)?

How many 65-70 years old have carried Covid19 asymptomatically do we
know? Aren't they carry a higher likelihood for the worst symptoms?

I think they are currently running tests that may (better) answer some
of this?

I responding only to Jethro's post

--
Robin