Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet[_2_] Andy Bennet[_2_] is offline

Default Electrocution

On 29/03/2021 23:32, soup wrote:
Many have had a 'belt' from domestic 240Volt wiring through bad luck,
bad judgment or plain stupidity .
Â* Whilst a shock from 240V CAN kill how often does that actually happen
and how many just get thrown across the room into a foetal position
whimpering and crying until the arm unknots and the tingling feeling
goes away.

Been there done that - once!
When I was about 8 years old I had a crystal set and thought I needed a
longer aerial on it to get better reception. Had seen pylons with wires
on them supplying electricity so thought that would be a lovely aerial!.
Went to mains socket in bedroom with metal meccano screwdiver in one
hand, bare wire to plug into socket in other. Pushed down the earth
shutter with screwdriver and inserted bare wire into now open shuttered
pin. I now know the difference between live and neutral! Seriously
thought I was going to die. Been extreemly cautious ever since and never
had another belt from the mains!