Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default RCDs and EICRs

On 29/03/2021 21:14, SH wrote:
On 29/03/2021 20:57, Theo wrote:
ARW wrote:
My advice would be that (as you are already prepared to pay for 9 RCBOs)
then you might as well swap the CU for a metal one and leave enough
space in it for a SPD if it becomes a reg in a few years time. Or even
fit a SPD with this CU change. I believe that SPDs will be mandatory in
a few years time on all CUs.

OOI what brand(s) of CU do you prefer?Â* We're likely going to need one
replaced soon, so I'm currently canvassing for opinions as to pros and
cons.
Space is a bit constrained and I'd like to fit as many ways as possible
(including an SPD).

Theo

The last CU I did was a Curve M18.

This had 20 ways, two of which was taken up by a 2 pole 100 A isolator
leaving room for up to 18 RCBO's.....

I still have some space for a SPD or AFDD if Curve do any...

OPnly slightly annoying thing baout Curve RCBOs is that they do not have
a functional earth flying lead.

Curve was Denmans rebadged stuff. Also known as Steeple.

It's Wylex AFAIK.

--
Adam