Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default fog lights

In article , NY wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
NY explained on 27/03/2021 :
I've seen some older cars (probably 1950s or before) which had this,
but it seems to have been outlawed here around 1960 (am I correct
with that approximate date?).

I would guess a decade at least later than that, but just a guess. An
easy conversion with an amber coloured lamp glass.

My mum's 1960 Morris Minor had orange (not red/white) indicators, at
least when mum bought it second-hand in 1966. They may have been fitted
after-sale, because it also had trafficators that still worked. I wonder
if Mum had them fitted when she bought the car.

My dad's C-reg Austin Cambridge and his E-reg Ford Corsair had them.

Older cars (eg 1950s Ford Zephyrs, and very early pre-Aeroflow 1962 Ford
Cortinas) had flashing white indicators at the front, but I'm not sure
about the indicators at the back.

They should have had amber bulbs - my Cortina did from new.

So it looks as if new cars got them from the early 60s. I'm not sure when
flashing white/red on older cars actually became illegal and needed
modification to amber.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England