Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default fog lights

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 27/03/2021 15:18, NY wrote:
My ideal grouping of rear lights would be:

- indicator
- side
- fog
- reflector
- brake

I prefer:

Indicator
Reverse
Tail/fog
Reflector
Brake

There is no need for a separate tail and fog light, allowing a smaller
cluster - what is the point of a tail light when the fog lights are on?

Reverse to separate Indicator and Tail/Fog. Reflector to separate Tail/Fog
and Brake.

Yes that works even better than mine, in that it puts a light that is rarely
used (or a reflector) between the ones that need to be distinguished:
indicator and brake.

I wonder why the normal grouping puts tail and brake in one housing and fog
in another, when tail/fog and separate brake is much better, since tail and
fog do the same job in different types of visibility - I think of foglights
as brighter-than-normal tail lights for use in fog.