Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 06:48:00 -0700 (PDT), TimR posted for all of us to
digest...

The Army used to actually sample oil, under the Army Oil Analysis Program. They checked for metal contaminants and breakdown of additives, I guess, and changed oil based on test results rather than time.

I haven't had contact with that section in years and don't know if they still do it, and obviously that's not practical for the homeowner, but it is one way of doing it.

The trucking companies do it. Lab tests are still available but what advantage
is there? If you sampled the oil at 5000 and it said ok then again at 10k and
said ok but engine goes at 13k what will the maker say?

This guy *mike* is really Arlen Holder, look up his history and decide for
yourself. He likes to nit pick and argue. He has me kf'd.

--
Tekkie